A great Indian speaking Cantonese
A funniest person. I just love him!
Corinna Chamberlain (陳明恩), a a Hong Kong born white girl,daughter of Australian mother and New Zealand father , has become more than a 50% Hong Kong Native.
Sing and speak like a Hong Kong native:
The beauty of Corrinna:
She can do it, you can speak Cantonese well too.
More about her? Cantonese White Girl Corina (in Wiki)
Learning Cantonese can be lots of fun and romance.
When I saw this video on Youtube, I can’t help thinking of putting it here to share with you and teach you how to propose to a girl like Jacky Cheung,
At 0:26, he said, “求求你“ means “I’m begging you.” Now you know to beg/ask/request someone to marry you in Cantonese.
At 0:29, he said, “请姑娘你听埋佢我呢句” = Please, young girl, you listen to me to finish this sentence (Please let me finish my sentence.)
Note that the subtitle in the video is Mandarin translation, not Cantonese. That’s why there’s difference.
At 0:50 “字其实只得三个” = the words are only three characters
1:00 我爱你 = I love you! Note: 妳 = 你 nei2, but it is used for female.
ngo5 hai6 ho4 gwok3 wing3. ngo5 hai6 jat1 go3 ou3 zau1 gwai2 lou2.
ngo5 = I/me; hai6 = am/is/are/to be; ho4 = river（surname here)
gwok3 = country; wing3 = glory; jat1 go3 = one (person);
ou3 zau1 = Australia;
gwai2 lou2 = a humorous way to call “foreigner(s)”, it does not really mean literately “ghost men”. Even those pretty Cantonese ladies who married “gwai2 lou2″, they say “ngo5 lou2 gung1 hai6 gwai2 lou2 我老公系鬼佬 (my husband is a (white)foreigner. ) And their husbands willingly call themselves “ngo5 hai6 gwai2 lou2 我系鬼佬”. That’s why Ho Kwo Wing called himself “gwai2 ou2″ here.
In our Cantonese dictionary, “gwai2 lou2″ is a good word while “Chinaman” is a bad word.
Yes, Kwo Wing, we all love you, (gwai2 lou2)!
Top Posts & Pages
- Cantonese Dictionaries
- How to say "I love you" in Cantonese?
- Learn Cantonese Online at CantonesePod
- How to say: I miss you in Cantonese
- How to say “you are pretty” in Cantonese
- How to Say in Cantonese?
- How to say: will you marry me in Cantonese （1）
- How to say "you are (so) handsome" in Cantonese?
- How to say “sorry” in Cantonese(1)
- Lesson 3: Please tell me what you are doing
- Beautiful in Cantonese
- How to Say Please in Cantonese
- Happy Father’s Day in Cantonese
- Happy Father’s Day
- Cantonese For Missionaries: Lesson One
- Colloquial Cantonese(3)
- Colloquial Cantonese (2)
- Colloquial Cantonese(1)
- Diffference between Mandarin & Cantonese
- How For Permission to Marry His Daughter in Cantonese