List of good books to learn Cantonese. Cantonese books sell well with audio CDs and usually are better for Cantonese learners.
When I learn English, I always bought as many books as possible. I often spent wholes days inside Foreign Book Store at Beijing Road, Guangzhou, China. If you are serious about Cantonese learning, you should choose some of these Books to learn Cantonese:
|All the books and CDs/DVDs and tools to learn Cantonese. Please select different category on the right side bar or search what you want in the right category.|
|Berlitz Cantonese Chinese Phrase Book &…
Wow! Book plus CD only $8.25! You sure can learn a lot with this great set.
|Basic Cantonese: A Grammar and Workbook (Gr…
by Virginia Yip
|Chinese (Cantonese), Conversational: Learn …
|Intermediate Cantonese: A Grammar and Workb…
by Virginia Yip
|Chinese (Cantonese), Basic: Learn to Speak …
|Cantonese: A Comprehensive Grammar (Compreh…
by Stephen Matthews
|Teach Yourself Cantonese Complete Course Au…
by Hugh Baker
|Beginning Cantonese (Critical Languages Ser…
by Dana Scott Bourgerie
|Read and Write Chinese: A Simplified Guide …
by Rita Mei-Wah Choy
In order to interact with our visitors, we have opened our Facebook page, please support us by click this “Like” box bellow and we will release more new mp3 and Youtube videos to learn Cantonese. That’s a promise.
Today we are going to learn how to use “hou5″ which means “very much” in Cantonese.
I know. Some already learned to use “hou5″ as “very”. e.g. hou5 leng3 好靚 very pretty.
We can also use “hou5″ to mean “very much” together with “love” or “hate”
Another verb that means “marry” in Cantonese is 娶。 It really means “(a man) marry (a woman)”.
So for a girl to ask a man “Will you marry me?”, she should say
nei5 jyun6 ji3 ceoi2 ngo5 maa3
nei5 jyun6 m4 jyun6ji3 tung4 ngo5 git3fan1 aa3
“你愿唔願意同我結婚啊。”(Are you willing to marry me? )
If you would be happy for a week take a wife; if you would be happy for a month kill a pig; but if you would be happy all your life plant a garden (Proverb)
Marry an 18-year-old as his wife:
ceoi2 zo2 go3 sap6baat3 seoi3 ge3 zou6 lou5po4
Top Posts & Pages
- How to say “you are pretty” in Cantonese
- How to say: I miss you in Cantonese
- How to say “sorry” in Cantonese(1)
- How to say "you are (so) handsome" in Cantonese?
- How to say "I like (it/you)" in Cantonese
- Cantonese Dictionaries
- Learn Cantonese Online at CantonesePod
- How to say: Will You Marry Me in Cantonese （2）
- Lesson 8: "I'm going to ..." in Cantonese
- How to say "question/problem" in Cantonese?
- Beautiful in Cantonese
- How to Say Please in Cantonese
- Happy Father’s Day in Cantonese
- Happy Father’s Day
- Cantonese For Missionaries: Lesson One
- Colloquial Cantonese(3)
- Colloquial Cantonese (2)
- Colloquial Cantonese(1)
- Diffference between Mandarin & Cantonese
- How For Permission to Marry His Daughter in Cantonese