Lesson6: How to say this in Cantonese?
Lesson 6 How do you say this in Cantonese?
Welcome to CantonesePod.com! 欢迎大家来到粤语播客！
What! What did I say?
glad meet ( glad to meet you = welcome)
big family (= everyone)
Guangdong language (=Cantonese)
播 = broadcast
播客 = podcast ( derives from 博客 for blog and similar sound of podcast )
OK. Today’s sentence pattern:
A:英文 嘅 丑 字 点写啊? ( How do you write the word “ugly/shame” in English?)
A: 英文 嘅 LOVE 点串啊? ( How do you spell “love” in English?)
串 = spell ( literately means string something together )
啊 = question indicator (put at the end of a sentence to change a statement into a question. )
OK, see you next week at CantonesePod.com
Top Posts & Pages
- How to say “you are pretty” in Cantonese
- How to say: I miss you in Cantonese
- Great Books to Learn Cantonese!
- Cantonese Dictionaries
- How to say “sorry” in Cantonese(1)
- Lesson 10: I am busy in Cantonese
- How to say "question/problem" in Cantonese?
- How to say "you are (so) handsome" in Cantonese?
- How to say: will you marry me in Cantonese （1）
- Flash Cards
- Beautiful in Cantonese
- How to Say Please in Cantonese
- Happy Father’s Day in Cantonese
- Happy Father’s Day
- Cantonese For Missionaries: Lesson One
- Colloquial Cantonese(3)
- Colloquial Cantonese (2)
- Colloquial Cantonese(1)
- Diffference between Mandarin & Cantonese
- How For Permission to Marry His Daughter in Cantonese