How to say “I love you” in Cantonese?
我爱(愛)你 ngo5 ngoi3 nei5 = I love you.
How do you say “you love me”?
Just reverse the words: 你爱我nei5 ngoi3 ngo5 (Isn’t Cantonese simpler than English? You bet!)
Note: Young native speakers nowadays tend to use “lei5 (懶音 lazy sound)” for “你nei5 (you)”. For beginners, we’d better use “n” instead of “l”. Meanwhile, understanding that many people use “lazy sounds” is helpful.
You may refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proper_Cantonese_pronunciation
for more info about 懶音 lazy sound.
Top Posts & Pages
- How to say “you are pretty” in Cantonese
- How to say: I miss you in Cantonese
- Learn Cantonese Online at CantonesePod
- Cantonese Dictionaries
- How to say “sorry” in Cantonese(1)
- How to say "I love you" in Cantonese?
- Learn Basic Cantonese(3)
- Great Books to Learn Cantonese!
- How to say:My Cantonese Is Not Good in Cantonese
- How to say "you are (so) handsome" in Cantonese?
- Beautiful in Cantonese
- How to Say Please in Cantonese
- Happy Father’s Day in Cantonese
- Happy Father’s Day
- Cantonese For Missionaries: Lesson One
- Colloquial Cantonese(3)
- Colloquial Cantonese (2)
- Colloquial Cantonese(1)
- Diffference between Mandarin & Cantonese
- How For Permission to Marry His Daughter in Cantonese